This notice sets out how we will use your personal data, and your rights. It is made under the Data Protection Act 2018, section 36(1).
1. Your Data The data you supply will be stored on the NDA Grants Management System which is managed by Hyphenate Limited and hosted on Salesforce. The Grants Management System uses FormAssembly for data collection, which is integrated with Salesforce. Information collected via FormAssembly will be details provided in the online application form, grant reporting data and e-signature responses. The data will be shared with the Copeland Community Fund Team, Board, Advisors, Finance teams, and Internal Audit teams of Copeland Borough Council, Cumbria County Council, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and/or Low Level Waste Repository Ltd Groups/Local Community Liaison Councils Representatives, if required.
2. The purpose for which we are processing your personal data is in relation to your application for grant funding.
We will process the data in accordance with the guidance set out in the Government Functional Standard for General Grants. The Government Functional Standard for General Grants facilitates the recording and reporting of grant information across government, providing accurate data to enable departments to manage grants efficiently and effectively, while actively reducing the risk of fraud
3. The data:
We will process the following data (including some personal data)
- Title & Name of the person(s) requesting funding
- Position held
- Name of organisation
- Organisation address
- Telephone number
- Email address,
- Organisation bank details
- E-signature collection. For successful applications, applicants will be asked to sign a Grant Acceptance Form electronically. The details are collected via FormAssembly our data collection provider. Please note that a link to your e-signature endorsement record, will be stored on the NDA’s Grant Management System for auditing purposes.
4. Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is that processing of this data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller. In this case that is our functions in relation to government grants, and the need to have a cross-government database to reduce fraud and make available transparency information about the award of government grants.
If applications are successful paperwork & financial records shall be retained for a period of 7 years from the end date of the grant scheme. The earliest paperwork will be deleted is December 2028 and in December annually thereafter.
If applications are unsuccessful or withdrawn, paperwork will be kept on file for a minimum of 2 years. The earliest paperwork will be deleted is December 2022 and in December annually thereafter.
After this time a minimum amount of non-personal data will be kept for reporting and auditing purposes only.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data. You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or 0303 123 1113, or email@example.com. Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.
8 Contact Details
The data controller for your personal data is the Copeland Community Fund. You have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement. You have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed. You have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
9. Board / Panel Members
Your contact details (your name, Job title, telephone number and email address) are being stored on the NDA Grants Management System which is managed by Hyphenate Limited and hosted on Salesforce. Your details will be used to provide you with information relating to applications received to Copeland Community Fund, as required. We will not use your contact details for any other purpose without seeking your consent before we do so. For your rights please refer to sections 6, 7 & 8 of this document and for full details of your rights and any other Data Protection queries please see ico.org.uk.
10. CCF are not a legal entity but operate via Cumbria County Council (as the Accountable Body) and Copeland Borough Council (as Team Hosts). Further information on their respective data protection policies can be found at Cumbria County Council and Copeland Borough Council.