Voluntary or community organisations, registered charities, constituted groups or clubs, not-for profit companies or Social Enterprises (aiming towards having 3 unrelated Directors) and public sector bodies for non-statutory activity.
up to £5,500
2023/24 - Ongoing
Within 2 weeks following submission
The Enabling Fund offers support to develop and strengthen your project.
We can fund a range of development and viability assessment activities to help you develop the next stage of your application or support your application to other funders.
The Enabling Fund is able to support, but is not limited to:
- Commissioned Training to provide essential skills for the project
- Planning Fees
- Pre-planning Architect Fees
- Consultation Events
- Feasibility / Viability Studies
- Business Planning
- Structural Surveys
- Energy Audits
- Third Party Funding to FCC Communities Foundation (formerly WREN)
- Essential match funding demonstrating local funding commitment to Heritage Lottery Fund/Arts Council
Please note All applicants should contact Copeland Community Fund Development Team prior to making an application on 07825125324 or email [email protected].
Exclusions for the Enabling Fund will include:
- Faith based activities (unless broader community use)
- Residential activities (outside of Cumbria) including expeditions and overseas trips
- Direct replacement of activities which are a statutory obligation
- Refurbishments or new build of community venues which will benefit only one user group
- Businesses which distribute profit to company directors or shareholders
- Social Enterprises (NOT aiming towards having 3 unrelated Directors)