Vulture Club offers a community based addiction recovery service in Whitehaven which provides additional support to complement the work of statutory Services. The creative activities delivered by VC, focus on the development of personal recovery & resilience.
Vulture Club supports those struggling with addiction, mental health challenges and emotional trauma. They deliver confidential activities with therapeutic and diversionary benefits to equip participants with the tools necessary to aid recovery and improve mental health and emotional resilience. Support is bespoke and not time limited due to the complex challenges faced by service users.
The grant awarded will support salary costs over 3 years
- Marras Project: a 12-month programme for volunteers to become peer mentors.
- Root to Recovery: a weekly project over 12 weeks which provide support to help with personal development and emotional intelligence based around art and literature.
- Catch up & activities: weekly for all service users.
- Arts and crafts: weekly for all service users.
- Creative writing, book club & drama: weekly for all service users.
- Music sessions with Art Sound – weekly.
- Walking club – weekly for all service users.
- Cinema Therapy: monthly for all members.
Specialist support available:
- One to one Counselling.
- Personal Development sessions.
- Welfare right support.
- Maintained abstinence from substances.
- Increased interests & creativity.
- Decreased isolation and increased social contact.
- Increased new skills.
- Improved self-management.
- Increased knowledge to make healthier choices.
- Increased resilience.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Improved mental health.
- Improved emotional health.
- Improved communication skills.