The Gather (Ennerdale Hub)
The Gather is a community-owned and run café, shop and community facility in the heart of Ennerdale Bridge. A place where local folk and visitors alike can come together and enjoy the The Gather’s hospitality and learn more about the local area.
After five years of consultation and co-ordination with members of the community, April 2016 saw the launch of The Gather Café, Shop and Community Rooms.
Thanks to funding and support from the Copeland Community Fund, the BIG Lottery, Wild Ennerdale and the Lake District National Park the bespoke The Centre was built for the benefit of villagers and visitors.
Facilities & activities include:
- Information Area with details of local walks, businesses, landmarks and activities in the region.
- Showers for walkers & cyclists
- Café & Shop
- Film Club
- Community Room
- Music & arts events
- Green Energy awareness
- Reduced incidence of isolation for individuals within the community.
- Increased number of young people actively engaged in the community.
- Stronger producer and service provider networks.
- Increased skills for more local volunteers and job seekers in Ennerdale.