Phoenix Enterprise Centre (PEC)
Following on from the Copeland Connect Plus project, with the addition of a Food Pantry service the project will work in partnership with Citizens Advice Copeland and Whitehaven and District Credit Union to offer an advice and guidance service with free digital access across three centres in Whitehaven, Cleator Moor & Millom.
This project will offer a qualified, quality assured, Advice and Guidance service with free digital access in 3 Centres across Copeland. The I.T Centres are located at;
- Harbour Youth Building, Whitehaven Town Centre
- Phoenix Enterprise Centre, Cleator Moor
- Millom Hub, Salthouse Road, Millom
This project has a special focus on Youth Unemployment (16-24). Working collaboratively with Job Centre+ Youth coaches to deliver Advice and Guidance services at 3 I.T Centres and the JC+ Youth Hub in Mirehouse,
In 2018 the DWP introduced a “digital by default” approach to its business. Benefit claims, maintenance of claims, communications with Work coaches etc was all moved online. The digitally excluded and those without digital skills were left behind. This project allows equality of access to jobs, benefits and training to the digitally excluded.
The grant awarded supports salaries & other running costs over 3 years.
Delivery will include:
- Employment and Training Advice & Guidance
- Benefit Applications and maintenance of Universal Credit.
- Addressing barriers that prevent the unemployed getting and maintaining jobs through referral to partner agencies
- Financial education, access to financial products and emergency funding.
- Action against food poverty with access to healthy food
- Improved access for the digitally excluded in Copeland.
- Improved employment opportunities for unemployed, digitally excluded.
- Improved digital skills for those digitally excluded and seeking work.
- Increase in disadvantaged families supported financially, digitally and with their well-being.