Copeland Age & Advice Service (CAAS)
CAAS help over 55’s in Copeland to live independently through the provision of benefit checks, assistance with benefit claims and other support services. Giving our older generation the opportunity to live fulfilled and independent lives, through providing personalised advice and support.
CAAS is a local social enterprise providing information, advice and guidance to the over 55’s in relation to financial matters, housing issues and safe independent living options.
The grant awarded is to support the staffing and overhead costs for CAAS for 3 years to enable them to continue to provide early intervention services to assist vulnerable clients who, if left unsupported, would be more likely to need Social Care and NHS services in the future. Activities include:
- Advice and help on money matters
- Benefit checks – we have been approved as agents for the DWP
- Assistance to complete applications for relevant benefits
- A form filling service for products and services
- Support to set up of Lasting Power of Attorney’s at a cost that is affordable
- Bereavement advice and assistance to access bereavement benefits/support
- Support to manage/ set up utility provision
- Assistance with grant applications e.g. Disabled Facilities Grants
- Liaison with outside agencies including working in partnership
- Referrals to outside agencies and signposting
- Tackle poverty and increase personal income of clients in Copeland.
- Support Independent living, increase client safety by helping to reduce injury and falls and restore and build client confidence.
- Support clients in understanding and having access to housing options.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of the ever-increasing ageing population in the Copeland area.