Copeland Community Fund 2019-2022 Strategy introduces a priority for Community, Infrastructure & Environment for large projects. It is an annual ‘Call Out’, this year’s grant applications should be received by 28th September 2020. The purpose is to provide revenue and / or capital support to existing provision within Copeland and consider new complementary provision.
Areas projects may focus on include, but are not limited to:
- Quality Open Spaces
- Improvements to Environment
Examples of projects would include:
- Refurbishment or new build of community facility,
- Improvements to transport infrastructure: cycle routes, bridleways etc
- Improvements to open community spaces
- Community ‘growing’ schemes, such as a community allotment,
- Community transport scheme
- Recycling initiatives
- Projects must demonstrate that they can meet the NDA Socio Economic Policy.
- Project plans outline all permissions required, application dates and status. For example, planning permission, building control, leases etc
- Organisations can apply for community infrastructure and environment projects on an individual basis, however, CCF also looks favourably on collaborative projects.
- Applications to the Fund require match funding of:
- 50% for projects with a grant request over £25k
- All projects will be limited to a three-year funding term.
Any project wishing to apply should consider how they can achieve the essential outputs:
- Hectares / Sq M of Improved Environment
- No of New/Improved Facility (sport, cultural or community)
- Number of Volunteer Hours
Exclusions for the Community Infrastructure and Environment Fund include:
- Faith based activities and venues (unless broader community use)
- Residential activities (outside of Cumbria) including expeditions and overseas trips
- Direct replacement of activities which are a statutory obligation
- Refurbishment or new build of community venues which will benefit only one user group
Contact Copeland Community Fund on 01946 598352 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org